I don't have a smoker, and I didn't want to let him down. So I came up with an alternative to smoking the brisket and still having that barbecue flavor.
Alongside the meat, we had all of the fixings: coleslaw, pickles, barbecue sauce. The dinner was a huge hit, and it was too easy.
1- 4 lb. trimmed brisket
salt, pepper, and garlic powder
barbecue sauce (I used a combo of Stubb's and Heinz Classic)
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place the brisket in a large baking dish
3. sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
4. cover the top of the brisket with barbecue sauce completely
5. cover tightly with foil
6. bake for 4 hours
7. remove brisket and either slice against the grain or chop
8. put meat back into the juice, and keep warm until ready to serve, serve with extra barbecue sauce