We are back in the swing of things. School started 2 weeks ago. We have homework, 2 seperate basketball teams, carpools, playdates, and swimming lessons. Basically, I am pulled in 20 different directions. This leaves me with little time to prepare dinners. The best kind of dinners these days are the ones that I can make quickly.
These turkey eggroll bowls are delicious and nutritious. You could serve it with plain steamed rice, or those Chinese crispy noodles.
Kikkoman now makes a kosher and gluten free hoisin sauce. It is so good! I put a little bit on top of my eggroll bowl, I highly suggest it! Would also be good with Srichahchachachachaha sauce if you like it a little bit spicy.
Turkey Eggroll Bowls
Makes 4-6 servings
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 T. minced garlic
1/2 onion grated
2 packages of coleslaw mix, can be with the carrots and purple cabbage or angel hair
1/2 C. soy sauce
1/4 C. sherry cooking wine (you can leave this out if you don't have)
1 T. toasted sesame oil
1 t. ground ginger
1 t. salt
pinch pepper, more to taste
sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder
1. In a large pot, brown the turkey with the onion and garlic until it is cooked through, chopping the turkey into small pieces
2. Add the coleslaw mix, and cook stirring until the coleslaw has wilted
3. Add the soy sauce, sherry cooking wine, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the top with onion powder and garlic powder. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, seasonings accordingly.
4. Continue to cook stirring, until completely mixed and looks like the inside of an eggroll.
5. Serve with hoisin sauce, or sweet-n-sour sauce, or srichaha sauce, and steamed rice on the side.